Wednesday, May 10, 2006

My friend R

I have a girlfriend named R. I've known her for about 3 years. She was a girlfriend to a former friend of mine who turned out to be a sleazeball but that's another story....

R is from Arkansas and has made a living or survived by being a hooker and/or dancer since she was about 13 years old. A very pretty gal...when they talk about a woman being built like a brick shit house....I"m here to tell you, this gal has about the most beautiful set of bricks on the face of this earth. Then she opens her mouth....it becomes very obvious that she has led a really rough life and might have a 3rd grade education..but that would be stretching it. Her heart however, has a P.H.D. in the fine art of being a good person.

She called me tonight to let me know that she has safely moved back into Texas down near Houston with her latest boyfriend. She tells me he is a good man to her and plans on buying her all sorts of stuff which includes a log cabin and some land and some dogs to keep her safe. She told me they got into a fight a few weeks back and she only broke his nose and one finger. She told me awhile back that he is so good to her....how much she loves him...and added 'he don't pimp me out or beat me too much'. Cringe.

She had called me one time to ask my advice on how to help make him last longer and not to ejaculate too soon. She said in all seriousness....'I ain't never had to worry about that before.' I had to laugh....no, I thought.....time is money and the faster she could get the guy off, the more money she made.

What I'm getting at here is this: We all set our boundaries of who we love and for what reason we love. We all set our boundaries of what we will take or put up with from another person. We all have our problems that are so very real to ourselves. I have no room to judge what R does for a living or how she survives. That she considers me her best friend and confidant makes me feel honored. She knows in her heart of hearts that she is every bit as good a person as I am and that I am every bit as good a person as she is. We love who we love for whatever reason we love them. There's always room to love just one more person and no one is going to tell us who we can or can not love.

Oh...he's going to buy her some new teeth she says....the last boyfriend knocked all her's out. Bless her heart and soul!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home