Monday, January 26, 2009

Wishing and Hopeing and Dreaming

Deep Raspberry Red
Deep Purple
Med Turquoise
Lime Green

Deep Coral
Deep Blue Green
Milk Chocolate Brown
Black Accents

Above are colors that was on the US map on the weather tonight. Beautiful colors together. Next are colors Mandy used to draw an unknown object with her markers. This quilt thing is taking me over like clay did. I think about it, I dream about it, I see quilt ideas in everything I do or see. I think about Dian’s table in her den that she has covered with canvas and can spread out her fabric and cut it out. I imagine having a studio/place/den/room where I can work on my crafts. I have sliding doors like here in my apartment that are covered in cork to put all my ideas up on…one door to put up quilt blocks in progress. I dream about shelves and cabinets to put my fabric up in and my craft supplies. I search the net for equipment….a new sewing machine but they give no prices….a little hobby kiln…front loading… to go with my little top loading kiln I already have, work tables... I dream of quilts, collages, mosaics, baskets to weave, sculptures to make, paintings to paint, craft supplies, art supplies, photography to manipulate, all my old idea notebooks, technique notebooks, fabric to dye, yo yos to make, art dols to sculpt, polymer clay things to make along with detailed methods I want to try, wire wrapping, tatting and lucette cording to make, textures to explore, venetian plaster to play with, molds to make, gold leafing to play with, thermography ideas, jewelry and earrings to make, beads to buy or make, silk to paint/dye and of course, still…pots to make, color wheels to contemplate. I sit and draw quilts, plan out quilts and calculate sizes and amounts of fabrics I will need of each color. I think about quilts and crafts I’d like to make for particular people. Every time I go to the store, I see books I want to buy. I have a wish list on Amazon and folders and folders of pictures of ideas and words I want to express in art. All this just to name a few things.

1 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, Blogger Barbara/myth maker said...

Love all the stuff you are dreaming of making! Can't wait to see pics as you progress into each realm!

Hey! You've been tagged.. see:
http://roadsidegems.blogspot.com/2009/05/kreativ-blogger-award.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home