Sunday, January 25, 2009

Where do dreams come from?

Night before last, as Mandy, Megan and I were settling down in bed to sleep, Megan started telling me about a dream she had. It was so very detailed and one thing in the dream led to another. She described everything that was happening to someone she was watching and then she began being the person she was watching. I recognized my dreaming patterns. Mandy has nightmares already and has had for at least 4 of her 6 young years. Both of these shows me more that brain patterns or whatever it is happens through DNA moreso that circumstance. My daughter Rodina and their mother has the same dream pattern as well as my brother, Oren. The girls are in for quite a dreamlife!

Below is a dream I had. A very vivid dream....the kind where it feels like a very real memory. Where do these come from? Some say a previous lifetime. Some say a psychic connection to someone else. I don't have a clue...all I know is that I have them.

My dream…was SO real!:

I got deployed to Iraq…had to ‘drop and cover’….skim the ground of the grass…lay it back….lay in the dirt and cover myself with the grass….2 ½ hours….don’t move….this earns your red socks. I was deployed with the newspaper but ended up in combat. I was trusted with a set of keys to the storage and given a plastic crate….looked like a doggie carrier.

Then I watched the enemy discover a drop and cover where they slit the soldier’s throat and marked his arm with the knife with an ‘x’. The enemy missed the two others who were laying next to him under the grass.

I wasn’t allowed my watch and couldn’t smoke while deployed. I was going to have to go for 90 days starting next Monday without smoking. My friend Paul was with me and asked me if he could have a toy to bring home while I was gone….she was a young 18 year old. I told him no but he took her and danced with her anyway.

Then I had a cell phone and Rodina had sent someone she knew to pick me up and go buy the provisions I would be needing….I got some shorts and bug spray.

I got an award for marksmanship with a bow and arrow.

1 Comments:

At 5:59 AM, Blogger Barbara/myth maker said...

Quite a dream!

It's nice to meet you, and thank you for following my blog.
~Barbara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home