Sunday, December 28, 2008

Men....can't live without them....can't shoot them...

I’m not being crass and issuing a blanket statement concerning men, but most men, in my personal experience do one of two things: 1. they pretend to want to know what’s in my head just go get to have sex with me…then if I have sex with them, they forget that I am more than just sex and treat me like an ignorant unobtrusive person who is only good for sex, cooking, cleaning, laundry, and such…oh yes, let’s add money. Or 2. they could care less what’s in my head, they only want in my bed. I haven't had much, but they certainly knew how to get what little I did have.

I have had some really good friends with some men. Some respected me and never made any sexual overtones towards or with me. I could/can count on their help at any time or any place. However, the relationships are on a surface level and we would never share personal information. The other male friends who have finally realized that I am not about to enter into a sexual relationship with them, have stayed true to our friendship. Oh, it's there...they would jump at a chance for sex...but they have kept up the facade of friendship with me and we don't enter into that part of a relationship. I can count on them when needed and they know me a bit more than the average friendship. The maintenance of these friendships go fine as long as I give them at least 75% attention to their issues. It's all about them.

A friend of mine told me years and years ago that we women don't have any right to complain about men and how they treat us as we women are the very ones who raised the men in the first place. Some truth rings true to this statement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home