Saturday, April 28, 2007

Is it Real or is it Memorex?

Can the hurts and disappointments ever be healed to where we can truly love again? Do we always feel like the other shoe is going to fall? What does it take to let our guard down to the point of total trust in another person? Does something really die inside with each breakup or is it just a pillowcase of more baggage we carry around with us filling up our hearts that leaves no room for a new or more love? Do I even know what 'true love' is? Does another person really know what is inside our hearts? How do we know what true love is from one another instead of infatuation? If what I'm feeling towards another certain person is real, then it's evidentially the first time for me for these feelings. The peace of it all. The peace and tranquility is beyond anything I could have ever imagined. I almost had 'it' once and it didn't last but at least it gave me the window that it could happen. But even here, is it all what I'm feeling and not the reality of the person I feel these emotions for? Whatever this bus ride is about, I've never been at such peace before and I like it. It's not always perfect and there is still a huge amount of doubt for me. I could sure use a book to tell me what to do next. I'm a grown up woman and think I should know the answers by now....but I don't always.

1 Comments:

At 7:04 AM, Blogger Devi said...

Hey I chanced upon your blog - and your questions intrigued me.

I have had these questions in my head at one point of time and seen others have them too.

Here's my 2 cents - or rather 10 cents

Yes,hurt and disappointment can be almost completely healed -- but love will creep up even before the healing -- it will be love that heals you , not love starts after you get healed.

Feeling like the other shoe is going to fall off, able to let guard down -- Overwriting memories, fighting and remembering just how annoying it is to have the other person not trust you the way you dont trust them -- these seem to work for me :) -- or we could just say time heals and helps if you let it :).

With a breakup, you do get baggage -- you feel hurt, betrayed, devalued, insecure, blah blah -- perfect environment to form a skewed perspective of the world :D -- but all baggage is really one baggage -- doesnt grow really really big with each break up and as with a nightmare -- it can be forgotten when day/calm happens.

Yes, everyone knows what true love is-- I used to argue on its definition and existence :) -- and we even have songs that say love is nothing but a "sweet old fashioned notion" -- songs depicting the hurt and bitterness of a broken heart once filled with love :)

Yes, another person can know for the most part what's exactly in your heart --- and you can be that person. But its a skill that takes a while to cultivate but worth the effort -- And people who learn the skill -- tend to be good at knowing every bodys heart -- not just yours :).

Its usually infatuation first, hurt next , a few fights and breakups and then finally true love :D .

The rest of the stuff sounds to me like you feel dreamy after having met someone you liked -- hmm , maybe you are in the infatuation stage and wondering if its too good to last -- that doesnt sound too pleasant. Well, hope you can feel the un-adulterated joy of the present! Enjoy the infatuation b4 the fights!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home