Sunday, April 29, 2007

Blood is thicker than water

This morning I wrote a distant cousin, Bev, who I haven't written in about six years. All this time, she has written me and never gave up on me. Holiday after holiday, she's sent me a card or a hello and I never could bring myself to write her back. I've had a new cousin, Nancy, come into my life (both Bev and Nancy through genealogy) and through her, I realized the value of their friendship and yes, love that helped me to write Bev.

I've slowly cut myself off from people in the last six years and even more so in the past six months to a year. I've just been unable to give any more of myself to anyone...not even in conversation. Hopefully in time I will be able to reach out again. I eliminated those friends and family from my daily/weekly/monthly contact when they no longer contacted me and it became easier to stay inside myself. There are those friends who haven't contacted me for whatever reason and I just disappeared so to speak. These friendships sustained me over the past several years and I don't owe them this kind of treatment. However, at this time, I can't bring myself to contact anyone other than forwarding jokes and the like to them. I'll get there....but right now, I have an empty heart and need to mend it.

1 Comments:

At 7:57 PM, Blogger southern woman said...

I don't want to take anything from you, only to give to strengthen our ties- even though they are distant, you feel so close. Nancy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home