Sunday, June 04, 2006

Spoiler

I've either taken care of someone or several someones most of my whole life. It started when I was about 3 years old and continued until I got a divorce at age 52. Complete responsibility of taking care of someone from my age of 15. I had no one to lean on and thus have a difficult time letting others 'take care' of me. Even in small ways, someone getting me a cup of coffee has been difficult for me to accept. I'm working on this....one day at a time. Letting others do for me...take me places...cook for me...show me new worlds...bring me presents...what a different way of life. I'm learning to accept these gifts of time and attention and truly enjoying it. Much more of this and I'm going to be like a little silver sports car that has a spoiler on my butt! Nice!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home