Saturday, June 03, 2006

Valid Memories and Feelings

I just woke up from such a vivid real dream...unnerving to say the least....brought back memories. JED was alive again and had come to me telling me he wanted to be with me again and that he was off drugs....that he wanted to be in my heart again....he was laying in my arms below me to the side....I reached down and kissed him on the forehead...touched him and patted his chest and told him that he never left....I could feel his heart beating calmly and knew he was telling me the truth about being off drugs. Now I'm awake and reality hits me that he is dead and I'm missing him....sad to have lost him to a drug overdose...such a waste.

The bottom line is that no matter how or why a relationship ends...we still love a person for the time we loved them...for the reasons we loved them. It doesn't mean we are actively in that relationship nor that we would start that relationship again....it just means that...to me....love never dies...it's valid...for what it was when it was.

There should be no jealousies for these feelings...to me, it just shows that we have the capacity to love...it doesn't take away from anyone and certainly not actively being in love with that former love. We don't have control over memories and thoughts of other loves....it just is. We give in to those memories and feelings briefly and move on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home