Thursday, October 26, 2006

Fairy Tale

Too often, we women....who start out as little girls...we read fairy tales that end in the prince rescuing the princess/damsel in distress/chargirl and giving her the magic kiss...whisking her away to a life of luxury. We grow up thinking we are complete if we have 'won' our 'prince' and life will be good from then on.

The truth is....even some of our princes want a princess to come save them for a change. Even if one or the other 'saves' the other....reality is that life just goes on...we have to live life...good and bad....we clean and cook and do laundry and go to work and have families and wash cars and buy groceries and mow the lawn..... But...on the rare chance that we do find that 'perfect' friend we can love and he/she loves us back...it's all worth it... He might be a pain in the butt with unkempt hair...3 days beard growth...old old shirt and baggy butt pants....but he's still a prince. She might be frazzled in an old nightshirt with 2 day old egg spatters on the front and rollers in her hair and barefoot with nailpolish wearing off...but she's still a princess.

Bottom line....we're just who we are with warts and smiles and love in our hearts. We are just us.

With all that said...I received this joke and it just makes me laugh!
Fairy tale

Once upon a time, in a land far away, a beautiful, independent, self-assured princess happened upon a frog as she sat, contemplating ecological issues on the shores of an unpolluted pond in a verdant meadow near her castle.

The frog hopped into the princess' lap and said: " Elegant Lady, I was once a handsome prince, until an evil witch cast a spell upon me. One kiss from you, however, and I will turn back into the dapper, young prince that I am and then, my sweet, we can marry and set up housekeeping in your castle with my mother, where you can prepare my meals, clean my clothes, bear my children, and forever feel grateful and happy doing so."

That night, as the princess dined sumptuously on lightly sautéed frog legs seasoned in a white wine and onion cream sauce, she chuckled and thought to herself: "I don't fuckin’ think so".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home