Saturday, November 05, 2005

A Place To Cry

Place To Cry
RLP

It's not that easy
to be who you want to be
to see who you want to be
But I know of a place
where you can get lost in time and space
where reality slips by
where no one can see you cry

I guess you can say I'm a little emotionally worn
been trying to get my act together since I was born
grew up rough around the edges
learned to hold it all in

Saw myself get slapped around
knew to be quiet, and not make a sound
feeling those butterflies tickle me inside
always searching for a place to hide
wishing someone would save me
but no one came
wondering why my life was this way

Everyone liked me in school
laughed all the time, acted cool
not one of them knew about the miles of pain
waiting at home for me to entertain
I carry those memories with me
even now
hidden deep inside
trying to get out

and sometimes they do

But I know of a place
where you can get lost in time and space
where reality slips by
where no one will ever hear you cry......





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home