Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Free Skate Insurance

A lot of us have little quirks that are important to us and are seemingly silly to others...sometimes downright idiotic. I have a few: Butter crumbs in my jelly...Jelly crumbs in my butter....Bread crumbs in my jelly or butter...Jelly or bread crumbs in my peanut butter. I know another woman who feels the same. I told her last night about mine and she agreed wholeheartedly that they were gross. Made her feel the food was 'nasty'.

Ok, so everyone has these. Sometimes called pet peeves. I might have certain ones and you have certain ones. This is just the way it is. We are all going to fall from grace and offend another person with our personal habits without intentionally intending to. How do we circumvent this offense?

How about some Free Skate Insurance? You start out each year with a finite number of 'free skates'. A free skate is where no matter what guffaw you pull, you are guaranteed that it won't be the end of the world or the relationship or at the very least, cause severe emotional trauma to another person/significant other, you get a free skate or better put: you get automatically forgiven for the offense. Nothing more said or done. Say you perhaps make a few extra mistakes and you're all out of free skates? Easy. Each time the other person offends, then the nonoffending person gets another free skate. Maybe we could institute some sort of Free Skate Insurance. Maybe little extra things done for another person would be the currency. Personally, I make enough screwups that I would need a spreadsheet to keep up with them. I'll need to give this insurance deal some more thought....since I don't have much to do anyway.

I do realize I'm woman enough to overlook a few little incidences that I consider as messups. The challenge is to see if I can stare down into a jar of preserves and eyeball a glob of butter....be it ever so small...and resist the urge to use my knife to dig it out and hurl it across the table at the offending person....imagining the spot right between the eyes as my target!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home